Monday, September 14, 2009

WHERE IS THAT PROSPEROUS FUTURE?

Since the title of my blog for years now has been "visualize a prosperous future" you might be wondering "well where is that prosperity now???". We are all having these lessons together. Things are being taken away from us. Why? Our 401k's and home values have dropped. I had Lehman stocks and when they observed the one year mark of Lehman's collapse, I remembered how devastated I was to lose those stocks all together a year ago. Then I had more financial devastation than I could ever imagine after that. Each hit was trumped by a bigger hit.

I have a different definition of prosperity than looking at my networth. I have abundance in my life. I think we are having these experiences now because we've lost sight (as a nation and globally) of how much we really do have and how filled our lives are with "stuff". I walked around a mall the other day and I was noticing young teenagers being pulled in by the newest technological toy. A young female about 15 was with her parents and they decided to splurge and buy her some sort of new phone or ipod. They were all hugging and she loved her parents for that moment. Parents want to express their love and it often is given in the form of material gifts. Those gifts are quickly forgotten and tossed aside. Then the bills have to be paid for items that were unnecessary in the first place.

Until we can widdle down our lives to the most basic of needs and show that we can live on what we have rather than on what we dream of having, we will not regain our financial balance. This is a spiritual concept, not an economic one. Spiritually we are being forced to give up the excesses. Until we do, we are going to keep losing what we've got.




www.visualprosperity.com

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Debbie Simon

My photo
Avon, CT, United States
I am a seasoned psychotherapist who has been on a spiritual journey. I believe in the intersection of spirituality and psychotherapy. The field of psychotherapy is rapidly changing and I am part of this change. The old traditional ways don't work anymore. I also do health coaching and have worked for programs at AETNA and ABILTO as a coach.